Voki

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

Valentine's Day
February 14 is a day when people say I love you to their loved ones and have a chance to eat as much candy as possible! Some people don't like to celebrate this day but others go crazy about it. Considering it revolves around love most younger kids find it funny and just an excuse to eat chocolate. I don't understand why everyone can't just be a valentine to all. It should be focusing on anyone who you loves or loves you back in your life. I know I think of all the people in my life whom I love to be my valentines. There is no rule about who is allowed to be your valentine. So I say that everyone should be able to say "Happy Valentine's Day" to anyone they want BUT also be able to enjoy all the chocolate and sugary candy they want. Dressing up and wearing red and hearts, not just one but many--for all those who you love, all day is also part of the fun. Go out there on Friday February 14 and say I LOVE YOU to the ones who matter most to you today...I know I will be :). 


Vocabulary
The following words are the bolded words from the above passage along with their definitions. 
1. Celebrate: to observe, praise a certain occasion
2. Considering: take into account 
3. Revolves: to focus on
4. Valentine: a chosen loved one
5. Allowed: to give permission
6. Sugary: contains a lot of sugar
7. Dressing Up: to wear a fancy or particular outfit 
8. Possible: as much as is okay

Matching Activity
Match the following vocabulary words from the list above to the correct statement that best describes the definition
1. Allowed                                                             A. I'm wearing a bright red dress tonight!
2. Considering                                                      B. I love you!
3. Valentine                                                          C. Everything has to happen around me!
4. Dressing Up                                                     D. This candy tastes so yummy!
5. Celebrate                                                         E. You may go to the movies tonight. 
6. Revolves                                                          F. I have more candy here then I need.  
7. Possible                                                           G. I thought about everyone's feelings. 
8. Sugary                                                             H. Let's have a party!!

Grammar Rule
**Pronoun: replaces the name of a noun for a general reference. Examples are: he, she, I, you, they, we
Find pronouns used in the above passage and create sentences with at least four of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment