Voki

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Why Exercise?

Why Exercise?
This is a question that many people ask themselves on almost a daily basis. I know for myself every time I think about working out I am not thrilled about it, but then I motivate myself by knowing the end result. It is hard work but in the end I know I will feel good about myself as well as be living a healthier life style. Exercise is something that not only makes you healthier but also makes you more athletic, flexible, and have more endurance. You can either run, walk, jump, lift weights, do push ups or anything that makes your heart rate go up and you feel like you're working. This will also make you feel happier and better about yourself. I try to workout five times a week but if you can make time to exercise three times a week for 30 minutes a day you will notice a healthier, happier lifestyle. It is not only beneficial to you now but will also benefit you in the long run for the rest of your life. There are a lot of studies that prove exercising when you're younger proves for a better life when you're older. So take my advice, start exercising now! You'll love it and yourself! :)


Vocabulary
The bolded words are defined for you below. 
1. Exercise: movement of the body to perform action
2. Motivate: to provide with motive
3. Result: the outcome
4. Healthier: feeling well 
5. Flexible: being able to bend your body
6. Endurance: the ability to exercise longer
7. Beneficial: helpful and positive
8. Lifestyle: everyday life schedule
9. Studies: research done
10. Advice: a guide, offer

Matching Activity
Match the words on the left with the correct definitions on the right. 
1. Exercise                                                                        A. Feeling well
2. Motivate                                                                       B. Everyday life schedule
3. Result                                                                           C. The outcome
4. Healthier                                                                     D. Being able to bend your body
5. Flexible                                                                        E. To provide with motive
6. Endurance                                                                  F. Movement of the body to perform action
7. Beneficial                                                                    G. Helpful and positive
8. Lifestyle                                                                      H. The ability to exercise longer

Grammar Rule
**Synonym: A word that means the same thing or has a similar meaning. For example: Sad/Upset, Nice/Kind, Big/Large
Find a synonym for each of the vocabulary words listed above. 

3 comments:

  1. Hannah, I couldn't agree more; I know that I will feel better after I work out and I know all the healthy benefits of working out, yet I its always difficult to find the motivation. Like you said though, when you do work out you notice it during your day, it gives you a source of energy and accomplishment, and you feel happy and good about yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that you motivate yourself to exercise by remembering the end result of exercising (that you'll be happy, healthy and feel good about yourself). If more people used the end result of exercise as their motivation to exercise, I think more people would exercise in the first place. I also believe that if you do something you like as exercise or listen to music while exercising, it becomes an enjoyable activity instead of a chore, as some people see it, and you are more motivated to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good entry and one that I need to heed!

    ReplyDelete