Voki

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My Best Friend

My BEST Friend
My best friend is not someone who you would picture me doing all kinds of fun and exciting things with. She is someone I have known for over 11 years now and is still the cutest little bean! She also just happens to live with me, therefore I get to see her each and every day! She is overly delighted when anyone in the family walks through the door each day. Her favorite foods are small cut up carrots, either red or green delicious apples, or scrumptious bananas. She likes to play games, as well as cuddle on the couch to be extremely warm. She has four stubbly legs, one squished in nose, two floppy ears, and one curly tail. That's right! You've guessed it....my best friend is my dog! Her name is Nellie. She is a Pug, she has a white fur coat and a little black face. She is the most loving, energetic, cutest dog you'll ever meet! She is my best friend and I love her! 

    
Vocabulary
The words underlined in the above passage are defined for you below. 
1. Little Bean: an expression used to say something is small and cute 
2. Delighted: highly pleased 
3. Scrumptious: very very DELICIOUS
4. Delicious: tasting very well
5. Cuddle: to lie or curl up with warmth
6. Stubbly: short
7. Squished: pushed in 
8. Floppy: move up and down easily
9. Curly: rounded into a circle 

Cloze Activity 
Use the words defined for you above to fill in the blanks in these sentences. 
1. John was ___________________ when he received a 100 on his math test. 
2. Some people say that my legs are _____________________ just because I am shorter than others. 
3. My dog likes to ____________________ with a stuffed animal dog on her bed. 
4. The cake my mom made for my birthday was ______________________! It tasted like heaven!
5. My grandma's hair is _______________, unlike mine which is straight as a pin. 
6. The ears of a bunny are usually very _____________________. 
7. The people on the train were ____________________ together because there was no room to move! 

Grammar Rule
Adjective: words that describe nouns. They can be anything from numbers to colors, to very detailed words. 
***Find the adjectives in the passage above and list them below. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the story of your best friend. She's an adorable dog. One of my best friends is named Nellie, but she is a person. She is short, but I don't think any of the other adjectives apply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute that your pup is your best friend. I don't have a dog, but I can imagine that having a dog as a best friend is easier than having a human BFF! They can't talk back and they get over everything pretty quickly. Plus you can tell what they're feeling by the wagging of their tails--no guessing games there!

    ReplyDelete