Voki

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Summertime

Summertime
I had previously posted about how I love winter and the snow. Well now that it's almost the end of February and we have had PLENTY of snow for this season I am ready for the summertime and all of the fun activities that come along with it. I will be going to the beach as much as I possibly can. I will enjoy the outside warm, fresh air on a daily basis.  I am going to swim in the ocean and as many pools as I can this summer because the feeling of cool water in the hot summer sun is the most amazing feeling I have ever felt. I will travel and visit friends and family to spend time together. I will go for long walks on the trails and maybe even venture outside of my comfort zone and go to the mountains to hike one time. I hope to take a trip with my family to an island where we can relax and do all kids of fun warm weather activities on the beach. The snow on the ground right now needs to melt and the sun, flowers, and grass will all bloom making everyone around us feel happy and excited to be outside each and every day!   



Vocabulary
The words bolded in the passage above are defined below. 
1. Previously: happening before a certain event
2. Plenty: very full 
3. Basis: the base, bottom line
4. Ocean: the large bodies of water on the Earth
5. Travel: to go from one place to another
6. Trail: a path
7. Comfort Zone: what someone is comfortable with 
8. Relax: to de-stress
9. Melt: to go from solid to liquid
10. Bloom: the flower of a plant

Cloze Activity
Use the vocabulary words above to fill in the blanks in the following sentences. 
1. When I go to the beach I play in the sand and swim in the _______________________. 
2. The ice cube _________________ and changed into water. 
3. Walking on the __________________________ throughout the woods led us to the waterfall!
4. Laying down on the couch to watch a movie is the part of the day when I get to ___________________. 
5. We have ______________________ of food to feed an entire football team!
6. When my family _______________________ to another country we take an airplane each time. 
7. The flowers _______________________ as soon as spring started and looked beautiful!

Grammar Rule
The future tense: this tense is used when speaking about what is going to happen or what will happen in the future. Usually the key words used are "will" or "going to be."
***Find the future tense verbs in the passage at the top and write them down. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. I love the snow and bundling up but I have had enough of that this winter. I am ready for the pool, beach, sun and lots of time outside. Fingers crossed it comes sooner than it feels.

    ReplyDelete